The 2018-19 WHA Online Registration will be available APRIL 2, 2018. Please remember to have your players NEW 2018-19 IMR ready before you register. The new IMR will need to be completed as the software will automatically validate against it. The current IMR from the 2017-18 season will not be accepted. You must register online PRIOR to the 1st night of Tryouts that your player will be participating in. You must have a NEW 2018-2019 USAH Membership # to register online at WHA. To register your player for a new 2018-19 IMR you can click HERE first then come back and register your player. This MUST be done prior to any player taking the ice for tryouts.
2018-2019 WHA Online Registration
Click HERE to register
- All players must register for the 2018-2019 tryouts using the online Registration software.
- At the time of registration, registrants must enter their 2018-2019 USA Hockey Registration Number (https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action).
- If you registered online the previous season, you should use your existing account to register for the upcoming season.
- When registering online choose the program that your player will be playing in the fall season:
- 8U Travel Mites (2010 birth year and younger) *
- 10U Squirts (2008 & 2009 birth years)
- 12U PeeWees (2006 & 2007 birth years)
- 14U Bantams (2004 & 2005 birth years)
- 16U Midget U16 (2002 & 2003 birth years)
- 18U Midget U18 (2000 & 2001 birth years)
- In House – Oct. Registration *
- Schedule of tryout sessions is located HERE:
General WHA Tryout Rules & Guidelines
- Players are required to check in at the rink office prior to the 1st tryout session for their age group.
- Players are required to bring a $200 Commitment Fee check and pay a non-refundable $100 registration fee (payable to WHA) for single players (or a $300 Commitment Fee check for multiple players from one family) at the time of check-in for the 1st tryout session for their age group. Commitment Fee checks will be cashed immediately.
- If a player cannot make all tryout sessions, they must notify the WHA President.
- After all tryout sessions are complete, rosters will be approved by the WHA Board of Directors.
- After rosters have been approved, roster spots will be offered to participants via email.
- Roster spots must be DECLINED via email within 24 hours of the offer.
- If the roster spot is DECLINED, the Commitment Fee will be refunded.
- If the roster spot is not DECLINED within 24 hours, the player will accept the roster spot and placed on the team roster.
- 50% of the Seasons Dues must be paid by October 31st 2018 with the full payment paid by January 15th 2019.
- Additional Discounts Given:
- “Early Pay Discount”, if all dues are paid in full by October 1st 2018, each player will receive $80 off their dues (Valid for Squirt through Midget Age Levels Only)
- “Sibling Credits” (Valid for Squirt through Midget Age Levels Only)
- $100 credit for first sibling, $100 credit for each additional sibling, 3rd sibling dues are free.
- “Goalie Discounts”, If there are two goalies rostered on a PAHL team and they do not skate out, the goalies will receive an additional $100 discount (Development and Mites N/A)
8U Travel Mites & In House: For the 2018-2019 Season WHA will have 2 mite programs, 8U Travel Mites & In House.
- 8U Travel Mites – The program will practice 2 – 3 times a week. This program is designed for players who have previously played on a travel team or who have completed an In House program the previous year. 1st year players may be offered a spot on the travel team if their skill development is far enough along. The Mite Travel program participants will be registered through the PA Amateur Hockey League (PAHL) and will participate in approximately 10 home or away jamborees throughout the season. The cost of this program is $560 for the season, which includes a $100 non-refundable registration fee, a $200 committment fee, a practice jersey, game socks, home jamboree fees and participation in the 7th Annual Laurel Mite Jamboree in March 2018. Mite Travel team participants will be evaluated by the coaches for the first 4 – 6 weeks of the season, August – September. The players will be then be placed on individual teams of appropriate numbers.
- In House -The program will practice once a week on Saturdays. This program is designed for 1st year players who need to work on skill development. The cost of this program must be paid in full at time of registration. The program includes a practice jersey, socks and participation in the 8th Annual Laurel Mite Jamboree in March 2019. Participants will be able to register for this program in starting in September, October and/or December. Fees will be pro-rated based on month registered.