Westmoreland Hockey Association and Kirk S. Nevin Arena ask that everyone follow the PA Health Department and CDC Guidelines when entering our facility.
- Per the PA Health Department, people that have visited certain states need to self-quarantine. For the list of states, please visit the PA Health Department Website at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
- Face Masks are REQUIRED TO ENTER THE BUILDING. Players should keep their masks on at all times, except when they leave the locker room to go on to the ice. Parents need to keep their masks on the entire time they are in the rink.
- Any player or parent that is ill, or that has a cough or fever, or has trouble breathing CAN NOT ENTER THE FACILITY. If a player is ill and misses tryouts, we will evaluate that player at a later date for placement.
- Social distancing must be observed as much as practical. Please keep 6 feet away from others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Players are not permitted to show up for their ice session earlier than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Players are to show up at the rink dressed as much as possible. We need to minimize their time in the locker room and congregating.
- Players must bring their own water bottles. Bottles should be marked with the player's name.
- At the end of the ice session players need to undress and exit the locker room and Kirk Nevin within 15 minutes of the end of their ice session.
- No showering at the rink.
- Only one (1) parent/guardian is permitted in the building per player. No siblings or other family members are permitted.
Kirk S. Nevin staff will periodically disinfect the arena lobby, restrooms and locker rooms including the women's and referee locker rooms.
The scorers box and team benches will be periodically disinfected. Hand sanitizer will be available in the scorers box. Hand sanitizing stations have been ordered.
We strive to keep our arena clean but please be aware that there is a level of responsibility on your part for you and your family.
Even with these actions, it is important to remember that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. Neither Westmoreland Hockey nor Kirk S. Nevin Arena can guarantee that you or your player will not be exposed during your time at the rink. Parents are assuming the risk that they or their children may contract the COVID-19 virus by entering the rink.